Formed in 1835 as the First Baptist Church, the church members met in other facilities until the church lot was purchased in 1854. In 1897, a number of members split away to form Olivet Baptist, occasionally meeting together over the years. In 1929, the two factions rejoined, adopting the name Baptist Church of West Chester.
The church on Harmonyville Road is the successor to Lloyds' Church, which became the property of the Federal Government when the National Park Service purchased it from the Brooke family in 1838. The current church was built in 1985.
Organized in 1827, the Bethesda Church was the primary church used by those who worked at Hopewell Village. It lies within the boundaries of the historic park in the northwest corner of Warwick township. The graveyard surrounding the church is enclosed by a sturdy stone wall.
Founded in 1841, the original church was built on land donated by Jesse Evans and the Wynn family. In 2004, the church changed its name from East Nantmeal Baptist to East Nantmeal Christian Fellowship.