The Holy Ghost church was first founded in 1909 as was origanlly the Ukranian Greek Catholic Church of the Holy Ghost. They first established a church on Gibbons Avenue, but soon needed more room and in 1917 the current church was built. In 1940, the charter of the church was changed to the Ukranian Orthodox Church of the Holy Ghost.
St. Nicholas Church was organized in 1916, first meeting in a building near the railroad track on Third Ave. In 1917, they acquired a plot of land to build a church at the present location.They also acquired land outside of town for a cemetery.