West Nottingham was established about 1710, held at the houses of the members initially, with a preparative meeting being set up about 1730. The land on which the meetinghouse sits was donated by James King and William Harris. The current meeting house was built in 1811 and became known as "Little" Brick". The Nottingham meetings were both originally under Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, but were joined to Nottingham Quarter when the Cecil county meetings were transferred to Baltimore Yearly Meeting in 1819.
In 1850, the Nottingham Quarter included East Nottingham, West Nottingham, Octoraro, Little Elk, Deer Creek, Drumore, Broad Creek, Little Britain (Penn Hill) and Eastland meetings.
In 1911, an anniversary meeting was held to celebrate the centennial of the erection of the meeting house and an article appeared in the Friends Intelligencer noting the occasion, as quoted by T. C. Matlack: