In 1679, a meeting for worship known as Bayside was established near Wittman in Talbot County under the authority of Third Haven Monthly Meeting. Initially the members met at the home of Ralph Fishbourne. At some point prior to 1771, a preparative meeting for bayside was set up, which was discontinued in 1826. At the time of the Great Separation, The Orthodox worship group was tranferred to Motherkiln Monthly and subsequently laid down in 1831. The Hicksite worship group contuned until 1841, at which point its members were transferred to Third Haven.
The earliest meeting to appear within Maryland was the meeting at Betty's Cove in Talbot County near the Miles River. It had already been in existence for a number of years when George fox first visited the area in 1672. The earliest Quaker minister to visit Maryland was believed to be Elizabeth Harris in 1655. A burial ground was also laid out at Betty's Cove but no markers were u sed to identify the graves.
By 1692, the meeting house at betty's Cover was no longer large enough and it was decided that the meeting should convene from that point forward at the much larger meeting house at Thrid Haven in Easton.
Though the exact location of the old meeting cannot be determined, the approximate area is known and a historic marker was placed at the intersection of Rte 370 and 33 to note the general area of Betty's Cove.
The meeting at Choptank was established about 1670 and was first held in the home of Howell Powell. It was part of the Third Haven group. The meeting had served as the base for a Quarterly meeting prior to the building of the great meetinghouse at Third Haven, but by 1834, it was no longer meeting at all. There was also a burial ground for the meeting, but no sign of either a meetinghouse or a grave yard remain. The most likely spot for the original meeting is the vicinity of Howell's Point as that was named for Howell Powell.
Friends began meeting in the third Haven area in the early 1660, and had built a large meeting house by 1684. When the meetings began organizing, Third Haven became the focal point of the area meetings as it was the largest meeting house. The original meeting house has been in continual use since its beginning.
The burial ground for Third Haven is large and well-kept.
A meeting called Tuckahoe was established in the area near Matthews in Talbot county about 1679 and was included in the Third Haven group of meetings. In 1752, the preparative meeting was created, which was discontinued in 1826. the meeting for worship was laid down in 1839. A small burial gorund was established there but the stones were relocated to Third Haven in 1920 so there is no longer any trace of the meeting in that area.