Often called Fawn Grove Friends, due to its location in the town of Fawn Grove, the meeting is more properly called Fawn. In 1763, minutes of the Western Quarterly Meeting recorded the following:
"8-15-1763, Deer Creek, Md., monthly meeting mentions that a few families of Friends settled in Fawn Township, York County, were desirious of having the provilege of holding a meeting, having selected a spot of ground on which they desired to build a meeting house."
Subsequently: "11-21-1763: the comittee reported: that, having met and viewed the place purposed by them to build a meeting house on which place not yet being secured, and the winter season approaching, they are mind that it is best for this meeting to defer granting their request until spring; yet that Deer Creek Monthly Meeting may allow them to same liberty as formerly..."
For whatever reasons,, the preparative meeting for Fawn was not set up unitl 1792, and its first meeting house was built about 1790. In 1878, this first meetinghouse was razed and a new one built to replace it
The graveyard at Fawn is kept tidy and most of the graves are fairly easy to read.