In 1719, a meeting for worship was established for the winter here known as "Brandywine Forks" or simply "Forks" by Kennett Monthly Meeting. Bradford Monthly Meeting was established in 1737 by Chester Quarterly and the meeting for worship and the prep meeting at Bradford were transferred to the Monthly Meeting at that time. The Hicksite branch of the meeting merged with Uwchlan monthly meeting in 1883 to form the Bradford-Uwchlan Monthly meeting, but this meeting was discontinued in 1901 and the members transferred to Sadsbury Monthly Meeting. The Orthodox branch became the current Bradford Monthly Meeting.
The Downingtown Friends meeting started out in Lionville as Uwchlan Monthly Meeting in 1712, first meeting in member's home and finally building a stone meeting house in 1756 (see Uwchlan Meetinghouse). In 1784, members living in Downingtown asked to be able to meet in the schoolhouse there and by 1802, an indulged meeting was set up in Downingtown. By 1907, lack of attendance caused the original Uwchlan meeting to be laid down and the Downingtown meeting became the modern Uwchlan Meeting, though it is commonly known as Downingtown.
Set up in 1796 by London Grove Monthly after having been an indulged meeting under the care of New Garden Monthly from sometime prior to 1792. Early meetings were held in the home of George Welsh until 1794 when an acre of land was purchased and a log meeting house erected. In 1797 an adjoining acre of land was purchased from Matthew Welsh, followed by 107 perches of land purchased in 1814 from Thomas Welsh.
At the time of the Separation, the Hicksite branch retained the 1801 structure, while the Orthodox branch used the original log meeting house until 1814, when they purchased a little over an acre just north of Ercildoun and built a red brick meeting house and a burial ground plotted. The Orthodox branch meeting was laid down in 1890 and the property, excluding the burial ground, was sold to Samuel Ruth in 1911. Though the original Orthodox meetinghouse is no longer standing, the burial ground is still accessible.
The Hicksite branch of the meeting was laid down in 1936 by Fallowfield Monthly. The meeting house at the corner of Doe Run and Buck Run roads is the current home of Fallowfield Monthly.
Goshen meeting was set up in 1721/22 by Chester Quarterly from part of the membership of Chester Monthly Meeting and three preparative meetings, Goshen, Whiteland and Willistown, were set up under the new meeting's jurisdiction. In 1939, the preparative meetings were set up as monthly meetings and the original Goshen meeting was discontinued, its membership passed to the new Goshen Monthly meeting. Goshen has a rather unusual set up in that both the Hicksite and the Orthodox branches of the meeting are next to each other in Goshenville. The Hicksites retained the older meetinghouse on the corner of North Chester Road and Paoli Pike, while the Orthodox branch used the newer building, at one time in use by the Grange and now used for the Goshen Friends School.
Established in 1839 as the Oxford Preparative by Fallowfield Monthly, this meeting was added to the Pennsgrove Monthly in 1842 and its name changed to Homeville Preparative. Meetings were held in the log schoolhouse at Asa Walton's in Colerain twonship in Lancaster County until 1839 when the small red brick meeting house in Homeville was built. A burial ground is located next to the meeting house. The meeting was laid down in 1917 and the members attached to Pennsgrove Monthly.
The meetinghouse is under the care of Western Quarterly and is occasionally opened during the summer.
Set up in 1686 by Philadelphia Quarterly as Newark Monthly, the name being changed in 1760 to Kennett Monthly.
In 1938, the Orthodox branch was laid down and its members transferred to New Garden Monthly.
After the Separation, the Hicksite branch was continued after the division of the original Kennett Monthly. Component meetings were Kennett Preparative, Marlboro Preparative, Kennett Square Preparative, Kennett Square Indulged, Unionville Indulged, and Unionville Preparative.
Established in 1825 by East Nottingham Preparative and Nottingham Monthly after Nottingham Monthly was transferred to Baltimore Yearly in 1819. Meetings were held in a small stone meeting house that was erected in 1826 on land donated by Job and Ann Sidwell, a small burial ground adjoining the meeting house. After the Separation, the property was retained by the Hicksite branch, The meeting was laid down in 1886 and the property is under the care of Nottingham Quarterly.
Little Elk Chapel is the smallest of the three meetinghouses used by Nottingham Monthly Meeting.
Established in 1842 by New Garden Monthly meeting after having been an indulged meeting since 1834. The first meetings were held in the home of Richard Chambers of White Clay Hundred in 1824. Later that year, the meeting purchased an acre and a half of land for a meeting house and graveyard.. The meeting was laid down sometime after 1928 and its membership was transferred to West Grove Preparative. The property is now held by New Garden Monthly meeting.
London Grove was set up in 1724 by New Garden Monthly Meeting having functioned as an indulged meeting since 1714. Meetings were held n the homes of members until 1724 when the first meeting house, built of logs, were built near the site of the current meeting house. When London Grove Monthly meeting was established in 1792, this meeting became part of it. At the time of the Separation, the Hicksite branch of London Grove Monthly retained the two story natural stone meeting house, built in 1818, and the property surrounding it, including the burial ground. The membership of the preparative meeting and London Grove Monthly meeting had become identical near the beginning of the 1900's, so the preparative meeting was laid down in 1912.
The Orthodox segment of the meeting met in the homes of members until 1834 when they built a meeting house and created a burial ground just south of the original meeting on Newark Road. The burial ground can be seen in aerial photographs.