Old Caln Friends Meeting (Quaker)

The meeting was first set up in 1716 by Concord Monthly and an acre of ground for a meeting house and burial ground was purchased from John Mendenhall, at the edge of the “old Pim place at the foot of the hill”. Meetings were held there until 1726, when 4 acres of land were purchased from Richard Pake and a three room stone structure erected, which is today known as “Old Caln” meetinghouse. In 1737 the meeting was transferred to the care of Bradford Monthly.