Behind the old meetinghouse at the corner of Caln Meetinghouse Lane and Rte 340, is the old Caln Friends burial ground. At the time of the Separation, the meetinghouse and this cemetery were retained by the Hicksite branch, while the Orthodox branch established a small burial ground across the road.
On the south side of the road, across from the Old Caln meetinghouse and N. Bailey Road lies the small cemetery surrounded by a stone wall that was established by the Orthodox members of the Caln meeting at the time of the Separation. As there is nowhere to park, your best bet is to park …
This was the original meeting’s burial ground and was retained by the Hicksite branch at the time of the Separation. The Orthodox branch built a small meetinghouse and established their own burial ground nearby. Because the meeting is located in Ercildoun, references to the meeting may also refer to it as Ercildoun rather than Fallowfield.
Though the Orthodox meeting house is long gone, the old cemetery that was established by the Orthodox members of Fallowfield meeting is still accessible. Surrounded by a sturdy stone wall, it lies between Rte 82 and Doe Run Road to the northwest of the modern day Fallowfield meetinghouse.
The Goshen Friends cemetery lies to the north of the meetinghouse at the corner of the property.
The burial ground was established by the Orthodox branch of the Goshen meeting after the Great Separation and lies between the two meetinghouses.
Findagrave Listing 261 Marlborough Road
Set up in 1781 by Uwchlan Monthly after being an indulged meeting since 1739 under the care of Uwchlan Preparative, with the permission of Goshen Monthly. At the time of the Separation, both sides continued to use the meeting house, but neither side lasted very long and both were laid down within a few years …
The house next to the cemetery is the former Orthodox meeting house and is now a private residence.
The sign for the Oakland Friends Burial Grounds is across the road from the St. Agnes Cemetery entrance and is rather easy to miss. The driveway curves around to the right leading back to the cemetery.