Nantmeal Friends Cemetery (Quaker)

Set up in 1781 by Uwchlan Monthly after being an indulged meeting since 1739 under the care of Uwchlan Preparative, with the permission of Goshen Monthly. At the time of the Separation, both sides continued to use the meeting house, but neither side lasted very long and both were laid down within a few years of the Separation. In 1882, the property excluding the burial ground, was sold to John E. Rettew.

The meetinghouse is gone, but the burial ground remains intact, surrounded by a sturdy stone wall.

Findagrave Listing

Leave a Comment