The sign for the Oakland Friends Burial Grounds is across the road from the St. Agnes Cemetery entrance and is rather easy to miss. The driveway curves around to the right leading back to the cemetery.
Along with Oakland Friends, Rosedale serves the Friends of the West Chester area as the Borough passed an ordnance years ago disallowing burials within the borders of the Borough. Rosedale was established by the Hicksite Friends. Findagrave Listing
Taxables from 1715 in the original Goshen township which was divided into East Goshen Township and West Goshen Township Ashbridge, GeorgeBailey, DavidBane, AlexanderBane, MordecaiEachus, RobertEllis, CadwaladerEllis, DavidEllis, WilliamFinsher, JohnHeans, IsaacHeans, JohnPaschall, ThomasWalll, JohnWoodward, Joseph Freemen: Griffith,BenoniEvans, Thomas Non-resident land: Jones, EdwardJones, RobertJones, ThomasOwens,Griffith
St. Paul’s began as the Baptist Colored Mission in West Chester, led by Rev. H. B. Price, and eventually became St. Paul’s Baptist Church of West Chester. The first meeting of the church was held at 307 East Market St on January 29, 1887. In 1986, the church moved to the North Hills section of …