George Rees established the Lamb Tavern at this location in 1812 and it continued as a tavern through the first half of the 1800’s. After the town of Devon was founded, the Lamb was extensively renovated. Late in the 1800’s, it shifted its trade to boarding summer guests from Philadelphia, which allowed the property to remain a thriving operation.
In the early 1900’s, the property was purchased by Suzanne Wister Fuger, who planted wisteria around the entire property and did much renovation work on the old inn in 1928. Sadly, two years later, an explosion at the Pennsylvania Fireworks Company in Devon caused severe damage to the house, and many others from Paoli to Bryn Mawr. After many years of neglect, the property came into the hands of William W. Weaver, a noted author.