The Coventry Tea Room closed and its chef, Thomas Frederick, moved to a new business venture in Spring City. The Tea Room premises date back to the late 1700’s, having served as a colonial farm, a stop on the Underground Railroad, a doctor’s office, in addition to being the home of the Coventry Tea Room for many years. The Law family, who also ran the nearby Buck Inn to the east, owned the premises in the late 1800’s.
After the Tea Room closed, the property became Tony Joe’s Taproom and House of Good Eats for a number of years. In 2022, the premises became the home of Hare Hill Brewery.