The burial ground was established by the Orthodox branch of the Goshen meeting after the Great Separation and lies between the two meetinghouses.
Findagrave Listing 261 Marlborough Road
Set up in 1781 by Uwchlan Monthly after being an indulged meeting since 1739 under the care of Uwchlan Preparative, with the permission of Goshen Monthly. At the time of the Separation, both sides continued to use the meeting house, but neither side lasted very long and both were laid down within a few years …
The house next to the cemetery is the former Orthodox meeting house and is now a private residence.
The sign for the Oakland Friends Burial Grounds is across the road from the St. Agnes Cemetery entrance and is rather easy to miss. The driveway curves around to the right leading back to the cemetery.
Along with Oakland Friends, Rosedale serves the Friends of the West Chester area as the Borough passed an ordnance years ago disallowing burials within the borders of the Borough. Rosedale was established by the Hicksite Friends. Findagrave Listing
Birmingham South cemetery was established by the Orthodox branch of the Birmingham Friends in 1874. Findagrave Listing 1272 Birmingham Road, West Chester, PA
West Grove indulged meeting was established in 1787 out of New Garden Monthly Meeting. The Orthodox branch was discontinued in 1846 and the Hicksite branch preparative meeting became part of West Grove Monthly Meeting when it was established in 1919. In 1955, the Orthodox branch of New Garden Monthly Meeting was merged in to West …