Inn at St. Peter’s

David Knauer broke ground in 1880 to begin the construction of his inn in the little village now known as St. Peters. In Davis’ time, however, it was called French Creek Falls and the inn was the Falls Hotel. Built on the side of the French Creek, filled with massive rocks, the Inn today has a broad deck in the back offering a wonderful view of the enormous rocks below, which are a popular attraction.

At a much older part of history, the area around the Inn, notably the caves in the area, were a haven at times for the notorious Doane brothers and they may also have served as a hiding place for the horses of Tories during the Revolution.

Leave a Comment